Voice activation level
The voice activation level controls the microphone sensitivity. This setting determines at which voice volume the microphone is activated.
- Click the settings item to display the voice activation level slider.
- Make sure to select the desired microphone.
- Adjust the slider so that it is in the blue area while speaking.
- When using a headset, the value is usually 45 (default).
To set the voice activation level, the microphone in the main menu must be switched on.
This setting determines the basic volume of the application.
- Click the settings item to display the volume slider.
- Die default volume is 100.
The push-to-talk function allows manual activation of the microphone by pressing a key. This is especially useful if you are in a place with lots of background noise.
- Activate the push-to-talk switch.
- The microphone icon in the main menu is now displayed in orange .
- To speak, press and hold the `CTRL` key on your keyboard.
- Release the `CTRL` key as soon as you have finished speaking.
Push-to-talk can be helpful in noisy environments or when no headset is available.
Mirror local video
This setting is used to see your own video like in front of a mirror. The presentation of your video to other participants is not mirrored.
This setting allows the sidebar to be displayed on the left side of the application.
Show settings at launch
This setting is used to display the settings wizard every time the application is started. The Startup Wizard helps to configure the microphone, speakers and camera.
This setting activates an additional tab experiments in the sidebar. Settings in this tab are not described in this user guide.