Depending on the permissions, you can edit a room. Click on the settings symbol of a room in the room list to edit it.
The feature is divided into three sections (tabs):
Here you can change the room name and set the default permissions.
The default permissions are used to allow access and set the permission group to a room for all users. If no default permission is specified, access and permission group must be set individually for each user.
Here you can specify room access and the permission group for individual users. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Search and select a user via the search form
- Select a permission group
- Click on Add.
The selected user will be added to the Existing users list.
The user permissions override the default permissions. A typical application is to set the default permission "Participant" and define individual users as "Moderator" or "Admin".
Here you can specify room access and the permission group for individual guests or groups of guests.
You can edit, extend or delete a guest account via the Guest accounts list.
There are two types of guest access:
- Guest account for individual users
- Guest account for groups
Guest account for individual users
This type of guest account is individualized and can only be used by one person. To create it, proceed as follows:
- Use the form for individual guest accounts.
- Enter email address, name and expiry for the guest account.
- Define whether and, if applicable, in which language to send an invitation email for the guest acccount.
- Click on Add.
The guest account will be added to the Guest accounts list. In case you do not want to send the link by email but want to share it elsewhere, click on the sharing icon to copy the guest link to the clipboard and paste it into a chat message for example.
Advantages of individual guest accounts:
- Instant delivery of an invitation email
- Individual control of access and permission group
- The guest name is predefined
Guest account for groups
This type of guest account can be used by several people. When entering a room, the guest must specify a name. To create a shareable guest account, proceed as follows:
- Use the form for shareable guest accounts.
- Specify a name and the expiry for the guest account. The name is used only for identification and is not visible to the guests.
- CLick on Add.
The guest account will be added to the Guest accounts list. Click on the sharing icon to copy the guest link to the clipboard and paste it into a chat message for example.
Please note when using a shareable guest account:
You cannot control the passing on of a shareable guest account. The passing on of the guest link is not limited. A guest link whose disclosure can no longer be reproduced should be deleted and possibly re-created and re-shared.