Click the chat icon in the sidebar to display the messages.
- Write a message in the input field at the bottom of the sidebar and submit it via the return key (or enter key).
- New messages are indicated by a number on a red notification badge.
- Messages are visible to all participants in a conference room, including the breakout groups.
- Participants re-entering the conference room cannot access the message history.
The Write short message function is used to send messages directly to other participants, which only they can see.
- To send a short message, first open the participant list .
- Move the mouse over the participant you want to send a message to.
- Click on the context menu or right-click on the participant.
- Now select Write short message.
- A text box will open in which you can compose your message.
- Then click to send the message.
Short messages are only available from alfaview version 8.18.1. If you still have an older version installed, you will not be able to receive or send short messages.
- In order to reply to a short message, click on it so that the button appears.
- By clicking a text box will appear where you can enter the text.
- Clicking will send the message.
To be able to reply to short messages you need the Allow chat permission otherwise the button will not be displayed.
- Open the participants list .
- Click the context menu or right-click the group you want to send the message to.
- Then select Short message to this group.
- Enter the desired message in the new text box.
- Send the message by clicking .
To send a message to all groups/participants in a room, proceed as in Write short message to group, only this time select the room name, which is displayed at the top of the participant list.