Depending on the permissions, you can edit a room. Click on the settings symbol of a room in the room management to edit it.
The feature is divided into the following sections (tabs):
Here you can change the room name and the amount of breakout groups in steps of five. Additionally you can delete the room.
Here you can copy the direct link to a room.
This direct link can be used by authorized and registered users to get directly into the room.
It is no longer necessary to switch to the respective room manually.
This feature only works with alfaview version 8.38.0 or later.
The direct links can only be used by users who are listed as active users in the user management.
Furthermore the default permission group can be chosen and existing users can be added to the room.
With the default permission group you can set the access and the permission group for all users of the room.
If no default permission group is set, you have to set access and permission group individually for each user.
To do that follow these steps:
- Click .
- Search and select a user via the search form.
- Choose permission group and click .
The user is now listed under Specific users.
The user permissions override the default permissions. A typical application is to set the default permission “Participant” and define individual users as “Moderator” or “Admin”.
Information about guest and group links can be found here.
The breakout room names can be changed by administrators under the group names item:
- Click on the group whose name you want to change.
- Enter the desired name.
- Then click on .
- For the changes to take effect, alfaview must be restarted.
Customize your alfaview room with room features. You can set your room display preferences, such as alphabetical order of participants or displaying all videos in 16:9 aspect ratio. Help your presenters manage the room more easily by enabling the Raise Hand or Copy attendance report features.
Visit the Room features page for an overview of all the features you can set for each alfaview room.
You can enable live transcription and translations for your alfaview conference room. This function transcribes spoken language to text which the participants can then read.
To change the transcription settings, you must have full room admin permission. This permission is granted via the User management.
- From the room list, select the conference room you want to enable the transcription feature. Click the gear wheel icon .
- In the new window, go to the Transcription tab.
- Click the slider next to Transcription availability.
- Select the spoken language in the alfaview room. Click on the drop-down menu and choose between English, German and Spanish.
- If you want to enable the translation feature in addition to live transcription, you can select the languages into which you want to translate to. To do this, tick the boxes for the relevant languages.
The changes will be saved automatically.
In addition to the chosen transcription language (English, German or Spanish), you can select a maximum of three translation languages at the same time. Selecting more than one language means that the transcription quota is used up more quickly.
You can also change the settings for multiple rooms at the same time.
- Click the button.
- Click the slider next to Transcription availability to enable the feature.
- Select the spoken language and, if desired, translation languages.
- Tick the box for all rooms where you want the selected transcription settings to be enabled. If you want the transcription feature to be available in all rooms, tick the Select all box.
- Click the blue to save your changes.
If you want to activate the live transcription feature in your alfaview room, follow the instructions on the Live Transcription and Translation page.
Last updated on January 25th, 2024, 10:33 am