Click the gear icon in the sidebar to access the settings. The button Open advanced settings launches a separate window. Additional settings can be found in the article quick settings.
The advanced settings are divided into the following sections:
Changes are automatically applied, saved and applied again upon next program start.
This selection menu allows you to change the language of the user interface. Currently English and German are available.
The bandwidth usage selection menu allows you to reduce the resources needed for bandwidth and processor utilization. There are three levels to choose from:
- Normal: All videos are transmitted in normal quality (default setting).
- Reduced: Video of normal attendees will be disabled, moderators videos will continue to broadcast. The own video is transmitted in reduced quality.
- Minimum: All videos are deactivated, including your own video. The screen share and the transmission of audio remain unchanged by this setting.
For interested users we offer the opportunity to choose from different update channels or versions of alfaview.
- Release: For regular updates (default setting).
- Beta: Select the Beta channel to receive updates at an earlier stage.
alfaview’s notification sounds can be changed here.
- Off: No notification sounds are used.
- Discreet: Quieter notification sounds are used.
- Normal: Normal notification sounds are used.
When activated you can select to use HD video in the video menu.
When activated, alfaview automatically starts when you start your computer.
Determine the desired microphone and speaker in the respective selection menu.
Newly connected devices are listed in the selection menu as soon as they have been detected by the operating system.
The voice activation level controls the microphone sensitivity. This setting determines at which voice volume the microphone is activated.
- Click the settings item to display the voice activation level slider.
- Make sure to select the desired microphone.
- Adjust the slider so that it is in the blue area while speaking.
- When using a headset, the value is usually 45 (default).
This setting determines the basic volume of the application. The default volume is 100.
The push-to-talk function allows manual activation of the microphone by pressing a key. This is especially useful if you are in a place with lots of background noise.
- Activate the push-to-talk switch.
- The microphone icon in the main menu is now displayed in orange.
- To speak, press and hold the
CTRLkey on your keyboard.
- Release the
CTRLkey as soon as you have finished speaking.
- In case you dont’t want to use the
CTRLkey for push-to-talk, a user defined combination can be set.
Push-to-talk can be helpful in noisy environments or when no headset is available.
Use this function to activate the microphone automatically when entering a room.
Shows a small speaker symbol in meetings which can be used to mute alfaview.
Reduces the noise caused by some microphones.
Determine the desired camera in the respective selection menu.
- The selected camera will be applied instantly and trasmitted to the conference room.
- Newly connected devices are listed in the selection menu as soon as they have been detected by the operating system.
This selection menu allows to reduce the amount of bandwidth used for screen sharing. There are two options to choose from:
- Normal: Screen share is transmitted in regular quality (default setting).
- Reduced: Screen share is transmitted in reduced quality.
This menu changes the video quality for the second camera.
This setting is used to see your own video like in front of a mirror. The presentation of your video to other participants is not mirrored.
Improves the appearance of all videos by adding a slight soft focus. Especially with skin tones this results in a smoother presentation.
This setting shows participants' videos in a higher quality.
Note: This option is only available if the experimental features are activated.
Choose between a light and a dark dark color scheme. The dark color scheme relieves the eyes in dark environments.
This setting is used to display participants in the user list with the Spectator permission group. Spectators can only passively participate in a meeting because of their permission, so they are hidden by default in the user list.
Changes the font size of the alfaview interface.
Changes the font size of chat messages.
If you connect to the Internet through a proxy server, you can configure it here. There are three configuration options to choose from:
- Auto detect: Automatically detects the best configuration (default setting)
- HTTP Proxy: Manually provide an HTTP proxy configuration
- No Proxy: Disable proxy support completely
If you have problems to establish an audio connection in alfaview, you can select TCP audio here.
The audio connection will not use the UPD protocol anymore.
Note: TCP audio can cause audio delays.
The knowledge base contains detailed articles on features and usage of the software.
Enable Debug logging when requested by our staff as part of support requests. Click on Show log files to view the log files stored on your machine.
All settings can be reset to the default values with this feature.